How do I reset the iLO4 interface on a HP server?
You want to reset your iLO4? Below you will find instructions for resetting the iLO4 interface to the factory default.
Resetting iLO4 to the default settings may be necessary, for example, if you want to disable the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) mode or if you need to reset all settings.
The manual is suitable for HP server models such as: ProLiant DL160 Gen8, ProLiant DL360p Gen8, ProLiant DL360e Gen8, ProLiant DL380p Gen8, ProLiant DL380e Gen8, ProLiant DL385p Gen8, ProLiant DL560 Gen8, ProLiant DL580 Gen8, ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, ProLiant ML350p Gen8, ProLiant ML350e Gen8, ProLiant ML310e Gen8, ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2, ProLiant DL20 Gen9, ProLiant DL60 Gen9, ProLiant DL80 Gen9, ProLiant DL120 Gen9, ProLiant DL160 Gen9, ProLiant DL180 Gen9, ProLiant DL360 Gen9, ProLiant DL380 Gen9, ProLiant DL560 Gen9, ProLiant DL580 Gen9, ProLiant ML30 Gen9, ProLiant ML110 Gen9, ProLiant ML350 Gen9.
I. Reset iLO4 to factory defaults during boot process via pressing F8-key:
Note: This method deletes all activated licenses and user data!
1. Connect your server to the power source and start it by pressing the power button on the front panel.
2. After powering on the server, let your device continue booting until you see the message "iLO 4 Standard press (F8) to configure". Press the F8 function key.
3. Navigate with your keyboard in the overview to the tab "File" and then to "Set Defaults" to set iLO4 to factory defaults and confirm the operation "factory defaults" with the F10 function key. Confirm the next message again with the "Enter" key.
4. iLO4 is resetting, this process will take a while. After the process you can log in the iLO4 interface with the default login details. These are typically located on a sticker on the server chassis.
Sample sticker with the login data on the server chassis:
II. iLO4 restart via the web interface without configuration changes:
Note: Restarting iLO4 via the web interface does not change the configuration, only completes ongoing firmware upgrades and terminates active connections to iLO4.
If the network settings are changed or a firmware upgrade is installed, iLO4 may be reset automatically.
You can select the iLO icon at the end of the process if you have previously installed the extended iLO license on the server.
The iLO icon is usually set correctly after a server restart.
1. Call up the iLO4 web interface and log in with your individual login details.
Sample sticker with the login details on the server chassis:
Note: When logging in to iLO4, it doesn't matter if it is going to be typed with large or lower case.
2. Open the menu "Information" on the left side and then click on the tab "Diagnostics".
3. Click on "Reset" and confirm again with OK.
III. iLO 4 Configuration Utility Reset auf die Werkseinstellungen während des Boot-Vorgangs durch drücken der F9 Taste:
Note: This operation is for Generation 9 and Generation 10 HP servers only, and can be performed directly on the server or from the remote console.
This method deletes all license and user data!
1. Connect your server to the power source and start it by pressing the power switch on the front panel. If the server is already running, restart it.
2. After the server is powered on/restarted, let the server continue the system start until the relevant option "System Utilities" is displayed in the lower left corner. Press the F9 function key to run UEFI System Utilities.
3. In the overview please select "System Configuration" and confirm with "Enter".
4. Navigate with your keyboard to the line "iLO4 Configuration Utility" in the overview and confirm with "Enter". Then navigate to "Set to factory defaults" and press "Enter" again, navigate with the arrow keys to "YES" and confirm again with "Enter".
Note: If you reset iLO4 remotely, the remote console session is automatically terminated. The iLO4 Configuration Utility will be available again the next time the system is restarted.
If the Configuration Utility screen is still open after you log in again after restarting the server, press ESC until you reach the main menu. From the main menu, select "Exit and Resume Boot" to close the screen and continue the boot process.
For more information about iLO4, please refer to the manufacturer's user manual.